"It spells out a series of specific and measurable actions a federal government would take if it was serious about reducing pollution and leading the transition from energy wasting cities to cleaner, more liveable cities."With 23 steps arranged around 5 themes:
1. Lead the transition to a clean economy and sustainable AustraliaWith an election coming up, now would be a good time to have a read of the plan and then consider which political parties are committed to creating a Sustainable Australia.
2. Take effective climate change action now
3. Transform our cities to be world leaders in efficiency and liveability
4. Rescue our life support systems and restore our ecosystems to health
5. Secure an environmentally sustainable future for Northern Australia
The ACF also recommends some steps you can take to make a sustainable agenda part of the national agenda.
1. Talk about the plan of action with your family, friends and work colleagues. Share the hope you have for a sustainable future by talking about the practical steps toward achieving it.
2. Help lift the ACF plan of action into your local community conversation. Send an email or letter to your local paper.
3. Help broaden community and business support for the plan of action. Phone, email or mail relevant parts of the plan of action to local businesses, chambers of commerce and community organisations asking them to publicly support the plan of action.