Friday, January 8, 2010

Permablitzing Kenmore - Part 3



Wow, what a boon this rain has been for the permablitz garden :) I'll let the pictures speak for themselves - note that the herbs are already being well harvested! The madagascan bean is thriving, as is the cassava. I've had a bit of trouble with my resident possum, she seems to REALLY like corn. I've planted another lot since the permablitz, but virtually as soon as it comes up she eats it. And she quite likes young tomato plants, although I've noticed that once they start to grow she leaves them alone. Obviously has a sweet tooth and likes the young pick. Bit of creative protection is needed I think....






Anyway, hopefully soon I'll have some pumpkins, melons or sweet potatoes to bring along and share. Feel free to drop by and have a look for yourselves if you're in the area :)


To see the progression from bare earth to productive garden, check out parts 1 and 2 of our series on Permablitzing Kenmore.


3 comments: